Thursday, February 9, 2012

What is IC?

Hey! So this is my very first post for my new Blog called Dealing with IC. So what is IC? Well it has to deal with my Bladder, The Disease is called Interstitial Cystitis. I just call it IC for a shorter name. Anyways IC is when your innner lining of your bladder wall is always inflamed or damaged.
This picture shows a Normal bladder to a bladder with IC to show you the difference. Over 750,000 Americans have IC, and so far there is not a exact cure for this Disease. This Disease is very hard to find by Doctors and the doctors are not sure what causes people to have IC. IC causes you to go to the bathroom twice as more than with a regular normal bladder, sometimes its very hard to deal with. Most people after going to bathroom have the urgency to go again and it's difficult to deal with in a busy day for people. Some people with IC have their good days and then when pain hits they can have pain for days even weeks. When I have pain my Doctor calls  them "Pain Episodes" because of how long they can last. When I have pain I get really weak like I am going to pass out. With IC you have to watch what you eat because certain food or drinks causes the bladder to become irritated. My Doctor had put me on a diet and showed me what food and drinks are bad for you. I can't have any caffeine or chocolate because I get really sick.

I was Diagnose with IC in 2010 so it's been 1 year and in October of this Year will be 2 years.

So this is just a Overview of what IC is and what my Blog will be about. I will do post about how my day is with IC, Quotes, Pictures, just certain things I do to keep me having the worse pain. 

Stay Strong,
CES <3

No comments:

Post a Comment